Associate Director, Data Analytics & Insights
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
At Takeda, your data skills will change lives. As the Manager of Data Analytics, you will have the opportunity to improve our plants and functions operations and allow you to work with interesting and demanding data. Choose where you want to work across our Global Manufacturing & Supply Network around the world and enjoy the dynamic spirit of the Takeda Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain team.
Are you eager to be a part of an innovative environment that makes a difference in patients’ lives? Then join our new, dynamic and highly motivated Data Analytics team today - we are looking forward to receiving your application.
What makes a successful Global Data Scientist? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
Senior Manager of Data Analytics, Zurich, Switzerland
“Conveying the message of Digital in a succinct, subtle and precise way gives me a deep sense of satisfaction.”
Senior Director & Plant Manager, Oranienburg, Germany
“We are challenging our people and our processes to an extent we have not done before.”
Global Head of Innovation, Zurich, Switzerland
“Join us on our digital mission: Plants becoming integrated, automated and based on analytics - Supply Chain being transformed and made more efficient by analytics and new technologies.”
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Associate Director, Data Analytics & InsightsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Data Analytics and Insights in our Boston, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Associate Director working on the Data Analytics and Insights team, you will be empowered to lead, develop and set strategy and initiatives. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by contributing to patient needs worldwide. A typical day will include:
- Functions as an internal partner to brand directors, MCM and senior leadership and has responsibility for communicating requirements and methodology as well as ensuring the execution of analytics and predictive modeling activities.
- Leads a team responsible for all analytics and advanced modeling initiatives for the Neuroscience and Ophthalmic Business Unit.
- Develops methodology and models for all NOBU brands to determine impact on sales for marketing and sales promotion activities, sales targeting initiatives and customer analysis.
- Ensure analytics and modeling activities align with brand strategy by partnering with brand leadership to understand strategic initiatives.
- Represents any level of Sr. A&I Management Staff as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g. business partners) meetings and communications.
- Suggests content for agendas, prepares and delivers presentations to address information needs and provides A&I perspective to decisions at hand.
- Maintains awareness of evolving analytical techniques, software and data sources to bring innovative approaches into the organization that drives higher quality results; designs and implements advanced secondary data analysis methodologies that provide best practices in these areas.
- Prepares and delivers presentations with meaningful implications, actionable insights and recommendations which clearly delineate pros and cons to senior executive leadership in a timely manner.
- If outsourcing is appropriate, manages relationships with vendors on analytic plans, methodologies, and final deliverables.
- Mentors analysts and associate analysts to ensure development of an appropriate A&I skill set.
- Able to use deep breadth of analytics and market knowledge to guide strategy decisions by brand directors and provide support for those decisions in discussions with senior executives.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing, coaching and evaluating direct reports.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA desired
- Minimum (7) + years of experience in multi-channel marketing and/or brand management including Brand Planning
- Understanding of TV and digital channels in pharmaceutical and/or consumer packaged goods (CPG), and how to effectively engage patients
- Experience in marketing strategy and tactic design with an ability to communicate ideas to internal partners and external agencies
- Ability to understand and leverage analytics to optimize execution and generate actionable insights.
- Ability to make sound business decisions by having a strong understanding about business, finance and risks/benefits of decisions
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and varying therapeutic areas, Gastroenterology experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and empower others
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate at the executive level
- Travel to internal and external meetings including overnights and weekends will be required, estimated up to 15% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0008151