Associate Director, Clinical Data Solutions
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Associate Director, Clinical Data SolutionsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director of Clinical Data Solutions in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director working on the Clinical Data Solutions team, a typical day will include:
- Responsible for ensuring timeliness and high quality for all Data Management (DM) deliverables globally within a therapeutic area. Provides oversight of DM budget in collaboration with program management.
- Provides data management expertise and capability in support of global development programs as well as post-marketing registration and non-registration studies.
- Contributes to management of strategic vendor partnerships in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of external (CRO) resources.
- Responsible for vendor oversight activities across all global development programs within a
therapeutic area. Represents data management function on the Clinical Sub-team ensuring aligned expectations between the CRO and Takeda for all data related deliverables, especially in support of key decision points and regulatory submissions.
- Provides input to functional governance with Takeda’s strategic suppliers. Partners with appropriate stakeholders to resolves issues escalated from the vendor and/or cross-functional teams.
- Ensures achievement of major data management deliverables and milestones in coordination with other functions including the Therapeutic Area Units, Clinical Operations, Pharmacovigilance and Statistics:
- Design and implementation of data capture tools
- Data processing, coding and validation
- Responsible for the quality of the data in each database, as well as quality of other data management deliverables
- Ensure archival and inspection readiness of all Data Management Trial Master File (TMF) documents
- Oversees the planning and management of external Data Management budgets (in collaboration with Clinical Operations TA Leads) to ensure accuracy, understand trends in variances and support continuous improvement in forecasting.
- Represents function in external professional initiatives and organizations such as SCDM, CDISC, DIA, etc. to identify industry best practice and increase the visibility of Takeda.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in analytical or health-related field.
- 10+ years of data management experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Successful experience managing vendor relationships and alliance partnerships with at least 4 years experience in this area
- 3+ years of line management experience.
- Expert knowledge of FDA and ICH regulations and industry standards applicable to data capture and data management process.
- Experience with budget planning
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and experience using multiple clinical data management systems
- Strong knowledge of electronic data capture and data warehouse technologies as applied to clinical trials.
- Advanced knowledge of broad drug development process with expertise in the cross-functional interfaces with the data management function.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011167