Associate Director, Biomarker Discovery (PDT)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Associate Director, Biomarker Discovery (PDT)Apply Now
Associate Director, Biomarker Discovery PDT
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Associate Director, Biomarker Discovery PDT role based in our Cambridge MA Office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with a broad spectrum of rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients’ and health care providers’ expectations with plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with autoimmune, inflammatory, gastrointestinal, hematologic, and other complex diseases. This is a new, fast growing R&D organization, and the incoming incumbent will have the ability to co-create the future vision and operating model for the team.
The Biomarker Discovery Lead, PDT , is responsible for driving innovative, systems biology-based approaches to understand path mechanisms of complex diseases in the target disease areas. The focus will be on development and implementation of advanced ‘omics’ approaches on samples from human disease and animal disease models to conceptualize stratification of patients with complex diseases and understand their responses to treatments. The position requires a broad overview and implementation of next-generation molecular biology technologies, bioinformatics and artificial intelligence to generate new paradigms in treatment of complex diseases. The incumbent will work closely with various key stakeholders and represent translational research function in various program development teams and sub teams.
The incumbent will be responsible for performing innovative translational research in the area of autoimmune, inflammatory and/or hematological diseases. The Biomarker Discovery Lead will be accountable for:
- Research/identification/design and implementation of the high complexity bioanalytical test methods and/or biomarker strategies.
- Management of external vendors/CROs
- Represent Biomarker development function on various cross-functional project teams
- Reviewing assay results/interpretation/reports to ensure technical excellence and compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Presenting results of the analyses to internal teams and at external meetings and conferences.
- Assessing progress relative to objectives and communicating progress periodically to supervisor and key stakeholders within the organization and to external partners
- Authoring or contributing to Clinical Study Report sections, regulatory documents and abstracts/manuscripts for publication.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate with partners (academic, biotech, and CRO) to enhance in-house capabilities. Leads and manages external collaborations effectively
- Represents own and group research findings to leadership and project teams.
- Professionally represents the organization in collaborations, partnership discussions, and external conferences.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- The incumbent must be creative, courageous, collaborative, and empowering.
- The role sits on a global team (primarily Cambridge and Vienna based) and co-operates with partners globally, therefore, ability to define a cohesive culture based on Takeda’s values is critical.
- Expect 15% travel
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The incumbent must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity and must show ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary cross-functional global development teams.
- PhD in life science, preferably Immunology related discipline, with 8+ years of experience in biotech industry and publication record with emphasis on systems biology approaches and computational methods to analyze and integrate complex genomic, proteomic and/or metabolomic data with clinical findings is required.
- Experience in coordinating and managing external work at CROs is required.
- Experience in molecular understanding of clinical manifestations, therapeutic approaches and current research paradigms in rheumatology, clinical immunology, hematology, gastrointestinal disorders or hepatic diseases is of an advantage.
- Industry and translational research experience are of an advantage.
- Successful track record of developing employees and team members is advantageous.
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement and Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0032529