2019 Summer Internship - Analytical Development
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
2019 Summer Internship - Analytical DevelopmentApply Now
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer
internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program
also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- Carry out practical laboratory-based experiments on virus characterization and understanding of Takeda’s vaccine candidates.
- Under supervision the intern will develop, carry out and interpret a vaccine development project that adds to the understanding of a Takeda Vaccine candidate.
- Keep an electronic lab notebook of all experiments and analysis.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without sponsorship in the future.
- Pursuing either a PharmD, Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in one of the following life science majors: molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry or immunology.
- Laboratory experience is a plus including but not limited to protein based assay, cell culture or previous experience with cell culture, virus work, or work in a BSL2 laboratory is a plus.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and within a team environment, show adaptability, creativity and good judgment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Job ID R0006643