Medical Science Liaison - Genetic DiseasesApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0028155 Date posted 01/08/2019 Location:Berlin, Germany
Medical Science Liaison - Genetic Diseases (f/m)
Location: Germany, Remote
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.
Join us as a Medical Science Liaison (f/m) in Germany.
We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine, and we need bright, forward-thinking, ambitious and energetic people to support us on our journey.
The Medical Science Liaison will:
- Serve as a field-based extension of the Therapeutic Area Medical Strategy Group
- Systematically identify the scientific exchange needs of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establish strong professional relationships, provide credible scientific expertise and serve as a liaison to Takeda Global Medical, Global Clinical and external partners
- Ensure compliant communication and education of Takeda’s marketed and emerging product portfolio to meet the educational and professional needs of Takeda’s key customers
- Respond effectively to requests for scientific exchange
- Support design and implementation of scientific programs with external experts and Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
- Support local team disease area and product knowledge through scientific training
- Maintain personal expertise in relevant disease areas and MSL best practices
60% of the time: KOL Relationship Management
- Through compliant scientific exchange, builds and maintains professional relationships with external stakeholders to expand Takeda’s research, advisory and educational partnership opportunities
- Ensures high standard of professionalism to develop and maintain “peer-to-peer” scientific relationships with key thought leaders in healthcare, academia, payer, and government organizations per strategic territory plans and as requested by KOLs, including the management of strategic scientific partnerships and scientific exchange
- Provide scientific liaison support to Investigators currently involved in the Takeda’s Company sponsored interventional or observational studies and investigator initiated trials
- Serve as a liaison between healthcare practitioners (HCPs) and Takeda medical affairs
- Facilitate 1:1 and group scientific interactions with healthcare professionals
- Participate in KOL planning
- Maintain KOL plans and update medical customer relationship management system in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner
- Maintain awareness of and access to internal and external information sources available to support high-quality scientific exchange, and coordinate high-quality interactions between these resources and external customers
30% of the time: Effective and Compliant Dissemination of Data
- Respond within defined timeline and quality standards to unsolicited inquiries from HCPs and other stakeholders received by Global Medical Affairs and referred to GMA by other Takeda functions
- Support development of appropriate responses to unique inquiries as required, such as the presentation of scientific evidence and medical education
- Presents clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences, including KOLs, Medical advisors, formulary/decision makers and other HCPs and Takeda internal teams
- Ensures appropriate scientific exchange with HCPs by fostering fair and balanced medical and scientific communications that are not misleading
- Serves as scientific resource at key medical, scientific, and patient advocacy conferences as assigned
- Conducts therapeutic training for Sales and Medical colleagues upon request
5% of the time: Contribution to Takeda’s Strategic Medical Strategy
- Provide scientific input and participate in local medical and cross-functional initiatives
- Provide field-based medical support to Takeda’s clinical research programs, registries, and facilitation of the investigator sponsored trials process
- Communicates key medical insights from KOLs/HCPs to inform refinement of medical strategies or tactics
- Gains customer insights, opinions and feedback and engages with internal colleagues to connect business opportunities with internal resources
- Under the guidance of [MSL Team Lead or Region Lead], provides scientific support for company-sponsored meetings
- Participates on internal project teams as directed by Management (e.g. publications)
10% of the time: Maintaining personal expertise in relevant disease areas and MSL best practices
- Maintain knowledge base and scientific expertise on all assigned Takeda disease areas and products
- Develop and update knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations, including, but not limited to, ICH, GCP, PhRMA, DOJ, OIG, R&D Code of Ethical Practices and company policies
- Develop/increase knowledge of medical literature and critical appraisal of scientific publications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is required
- Has an established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession
- Demonstrative therapeutic experience/research or substantive patient care experience is required (2 years minimum)
- Medical, clinical or research experience in the assigned disease area is preferred
- Demonstration of expertise in key skills and competencies
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
This position involves extensive regional, national and international travel and requires to post holder to maintain a clean driving record.
This sounds interesting to you?
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Maxi Gruber via email@example.com for any questions related to this job posting or the recruitment process.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.