Bannockburn, Illinois, Lexington, Massachusetts
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
S&OP Lead-ImmunologyApply Now
- The S&OP lead will manage the supply chain process for the Immunology franchise within the US region with the objective of meeting customer and market demands, while achieving service level, inventory, and cost targets. The role will provide leadership and strategic direction for management of planning activities, business planning processes, and data/systems.
- This includes identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives that support business goals & objectives in the short-term (LV) and strategic plan objectives in the long term (LRP).
- The role is also accountable for building and maintaining communication channels among the Plasma, Biologics, and small molecule OPU’s and US franchises while collaborating with other support functions such as Finance, Regulatory and Quality teams.
- This position will be the primary liaison between the OPU’s, and the US Commercial organization in terms of managing supply/demand execution dynamics, understanding demand requirements, and ensuring plans are in place to meet service level performance requirements.
- Partners with Immunology franchise business leaders to develop a thorough understanding of customer and market dynamics, trends, competition, pricing, as well as marketing strategies and tactics designed to achieve business objectives in the US.
- Engage US franchise business leaders in resolving strategic demand/supply issues through in-depth analysis and marketplace assessment in order to understand the risk/benefit tradeoffs between various approaches and opportunities
- Implement an effective S&OP process with cross-functional participation to facilitate discussion and decision-making focused on achieving business goals and objectives. This includes highlighting business critical issues to senior business leaders, development/maintenance of dashboard, and improvement plans where necessary.
- Resolve complex supply situations by partnering with internal and external partners: Manufacturing, Quality, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, Customer Service, and Distribution. Communicate supply risks and recovery actions to support customer service.
- Develop/maintain a commercial supply chain dashboard to monitor the key performance indicators for the business and identify appropriate actions to achieve targeted results
- Ensure quality and completeness of demand signal and align with regional launch leads to ensure successful (NPI) product introductions.
- Lead innovative thinking and foster continuous improvement across S&OP processes/ activities.
- Manage allocation of supply to ensure supply and sales remain in alignment.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA Business or in relevant field including Advanced Supply Chain degree.
- 7+ years of Planning experience (prefer Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry experience) with minimal 7 years in management role.
- Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain, as well as Supply/Demand relationship
- Very good intercultural skills
- Strong business acumen & financial analytics skill
- Strategic enterprise thinking and strong innovator
- Structured, holistic and clear in problem solving
- MBA with quantitative background or other advanced degree preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0039410