Associate Director, Product and Web/Mobile Marketing
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Our vision is of a world with accessible healthcare for all, where prevention measures are exponentially advanced and billions are freed of disease. Our approach is rooted in our patient-centricity and the creation of outstanding treatments that change people's lives. Building upon a foundation of sustainability, we are committed to contributing to the long-term health of people through disease prevention.
Associate Director, Product and Web/Mobile MarketingApply Now
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is part of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK), a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide by translating science into highly-innovative medicines.BioLife Plasma Services is an industry leader in the collection of high-quality plasma that is processed into life-saving plasma-based therapies. We operate numerous state-of-the-art plasma collection facilities throughout the United States and Europe.
BioLife’s Marketing team is looking for a Associate Director, Product and Web/Mobile Marketing App to lead and grow digital marketing channels. This is a unique opportunity to lead transformational work developing a new website and mobile app platform. The incumbent integrates strategic thinking, problem-solving skills and cross-functional collaboration to execute on marketing strategies, drive innovation and business results. Utilize previous experience to analyze business needs, partner with marketing teams to recommend, implement optimizations and marketing technology tools. This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach. The successful candidate must be willing to actively engage in day-to-day operations while maintaining a strategic and hands-on understanding of complex product offerings and company direction, developing and executing on a multi-faceted marketing plan that results in growth for the company.
JOB DUTIES: The Business Product Manager role is expected to:
- Works closely with website and mobile app product team to develop and define product vision, roadmap, and strategy. Works with the IT Product Owner to drive & monitor product and feature adoption.
- Works closely with IT Platform Product Owner to define global product features according to the product vision, roadmap and strategy.
- Actively plans and prioritizes the product feature backlog according to business value and clearly articulates priorities for the product team. Working with the engineering manager balances the need to address technical debt and supports technical innovation in addition to adding product features
- Lead and oversee channel growth and optimization in partnership with business intelligence and analytics.
- Lead the planning of website, mobile app and content management product releases and sets expectations for delivery of new features with stakeholders.
- Writes detailed user stories and acceptance criteria at a pace to ensure the product team always has an adequate number of prepared stories to work on. Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure stories in the upcoming sprint are fully understood and stories in future sprints are well groomed & estimated.
- Sets sprint goals in coordination with the product team and drives the team to deliver promised value. Ensures the volume and sequence of work flowing to the product team optimizes team performance and maximizes the value delivered.
- Actively leads Agile ceremonies to provide immediate answers and direction to the product team based on domain expertise
- Always represents the voice of the customer within the team
- Facilitates sprint planning and backlog refinement in partnership with product team
- Creates a sense of common goal for the team based on the product vision. Regularly engages with the product team to guide priorities, refine features, define functional requirements, and help address blockers impacting successful team completion of sprint goals.
- Ensures the team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed for them to estimate and commit to work during sprint planning
- Works in close collaboration with stakeholders to understand their expectations and helps the team understand how to set up for successful user acceptance testing
- Coordinates the sprint review with relevant stakeholders, faithfully communicates in the language of the business, and writes new user stories as needed based on customer feedback
- Works in close cooperation with the team during retrospectives, with a view to identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Collaborates with other Product Owers and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision and align on release plans to ensure backlogs are in alignment with the overall organizational strategy
- Provides performance feedback to product team members’ administrative leaders
- Provides regular status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Empowered to make critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to "accept" each user story during sprint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in integrated marketing programs across multiple platforms
- Deep understanding and broad experience with multiple functional areas such as digital, CRM, e-commerce, advertising, creative design etc. and practical experience with integrated execution.
- Independent thinker. Knows what to do with minimal direction and does it, without waiting to be told.
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate across key functional areas
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the development teams to align behind the product vision
- Outstanding organizational, communication, relationship-building and collaboration skills at all levels
- Experience as a change agent at multiple levels of an organization
- Strategic and long term planner, with demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project plans
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (preferred)
- Experience in Jira (preferred)
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with strong presentation skills.
Less than 20% Training and Meetings
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0045772
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.