Product Manager Onco/GIApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0045867 Date posted 01/16/2020 Location: Algiers, Algeria
An experienced marketing specialist responsible for achieving marketing objectives for assigned products. Responsible to develop and implement short to medium term strategic marketing and operational plans for allocated Takeda products. To meet agreed marketing objectives in the short and medium term through high quality market analysis and effective segmentation by providing marketing support to field force.
The role is office based however important amount of field-based interaction with key prescribers, decision makers and stakeholders will be required.
- Plan, deliver and implement an annual marketing program for Maghreb Oncology Franchise Products that is consistent with regional and global marketing messaging and Brands positioning and will support the local Brands objectives and targets.
- Conduct necessary market research and develop appropriate promotional and educational materials (and activities) to support Product Brands sales and market growth.
- Investigate opportunities for Brands and market development that will enhance perception, sales and patient outcomes in the short and long term.
- Meet Takeda expectations for quality and compliance with internal policies, codes and procedures and relevant external Codes of Conduct and Legislation.
- Build and enhance the positive perception of Takeda by demonstrating the Takeda Values to customers and community.
- Elaborate & Contribute in Business Cases for Pipeline Products including Prelaunch Plan
- Life Cycle Management of Brands
- Create and implement annual marketing program (plan) and launch plans (where appropriate) for Brands by coordinating input from all parties involved that results in a clear marketing strategy, annual objectives, communication plan and opportunities for Brands development and market growth.
- Participate in the Long-Range Planning & produce local forecasts to feed into the Brand Planning Processes
Marketing Activities (50%)
- Drive & Lead the Marketing and Commercial activities
- Engage & actively participate in regional, Global Commercial Teams
- Produce marketing information for use including leaflets, brochures etc. Ensure copy supports strategy and objectives for Brands and complies with company processes and relevant Code of Conduct.
- Create lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with key customers and stakeholders including KOLs, Global and Regional Marketing and Medical& Sales Teams.
- To communicate effectively within the organization to ensure motivation and alignment of sales force and other key people in achievement of product objectives.
- In collaboration with Management, conduct market research to provide necessary information for marketing plans and development of market and Brands growth programs.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products and corresponding therapeutic areas
- Research and anticipate external factors affecting the Brands market by remaining up-to-date on all external developments, legislation, the customer base, clinical papers and world-wide media perspectives etc
- In collaboration with the regional leadership and Marketing counterparts, conduct Advisory Board meetings when required
- Train and communicate effectively with the internal stakeholders to ensure implementation of the strategy and achievement of targets & objectives for Brands.
- Brief and monitor agencies to ensure integrated marketing communications strategy is reflected in all activities and that communication goals are met.
- Monitor effectiveness of promotion against agreed objectives.
- Manage promotional budgets to remain within agreed spending levels.
- Carry out other related tasks as required by the Franchise Head Manager from time to time.
- Implement strategies to maximize pricing and product mic opportunities.
- To be recognized as “Product Champion” by developing and continuously updating knowledge of therapy, product and market.
- To anticipate current and future trends in disease management and market environment which are likely to affect performance and potential of the product including competitor activity.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Relevant university degree in Marketing /Science or Pharmacy
- At least 3-4 years Marketing experience with 2+ years’ experience as a Product Manager in pharmaceuticals or biotechnology
- IT skills in standard Microsoft office applications
- Masters Degree in a biological or medical science or medical qualification OR Marketing
- Business qualification e.g. MBA
- Experience with product launch in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Pharmaceutical sales experience with more than 3 years
- Experience with orphan or niche medicines
Key Skills and Competencies
- The candidate has to be organized and able to manage multiple projects in result-oriented manner.
- Proven ability to develop positive professional relationships with key customers.
- A high degree of flexibility in a potentially changing market and organization.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic approach.
- Analytical and challenging mind.
- Commercial acumen
- Strong presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation when interacting with customers and colleagues
- Self-starter mentality.
- Likely to influence team members through their work, and thus able to train colleagues where necessary, or lead a team of peers in projects and other work.
Other Job Components
- The person must manage his/her own working schedule to meet objectives and timelines
Internal and External Contacts
- Reports to FH Maghreb
- Contact with the global and Regional team as required, through team-working and projects.
- Sales team Maghreb.
- Key Opinion Leaders and relevant customers when required
- National & regional medical societies
- Driver’s license mandatory
- Ability and flexibility to travel extensively regionally and internationally as required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.