Senior Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Senior Cyber Security Incident Response AnalystApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
As a Senior Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst you will be responsible for leading cyber security incident response efforts and disrupting malicious attacks. Candidate should be comfortable leading end to end delivery of cyber incident response in a highly dynamic environment and capable of adjusting priorities of work based on changing operational needs and an evolving threat horizon.
- Lead incident handling activities for cyber security incident detection and response
- Provide expert subject matter expertise in best practices for incident detection and response
- Coordinate escalation, response, resolution, and reporting of cyber security incidents
- Provide oversight and direction for Managed Security Service Provider who provide L1 and L2 response
- Ensure high quality and timely service delivery
- Develop and maintain incident response standards, processes, and guidelines
- Lead the delivery of incident response scenarios and routine exercises
- Support the collection and management of cyber security metrics
- Collaborate with other business areas to effectively predict, prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats
- Assist with research and evaluation of new security technologies, processes, and methodologies
- 5+ years of work experience leading cyber security incident resolution
- Experience working independently to investigate and effectively respond to cyber security incidents
- Experience leading a Managed Security Service Provider team of incident handlers to effectively respond to incidents
- Experience developing and maintaining operations playbooks, run books, and performance measures
- Experience maintaining and optimizing operations leveraging industry best practices
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analysis methods
- Good social, verbal, and written communication skills
- Understanding of attack vectors, vulnerabilities, and how they are leveraged by malicious actors
- Understanding of proactive cyber defense and incident response automation
- Quickly adapts to changing events, reprioritizing efforts, and realign resources as needed
- Translates complex technical information into terms and products useful to upper-level management
- Willingness to be on-call, work non-standard hours, and travel (up to 15%) when required
- Comfortable working in high stress and complex environments
- Experience using industry leading cyber security solutions, platforms, and technologies
- Strong analytical abilities, interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience conducting incident response on a global scale
- Experience with use case creation using advanced SEIM solutions
- Solid knowledge of networking protocols (i.e. TCP)/IP and device log formats (i.e. Windows, Linux, Proxy, and AV)
- Ability to capitalize on APIs to improve and automate incident response
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Effective time, prioritization, and workload management skills
- Industry certification such as SANS GCFE, GREM, or GCIH certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or the equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience (Master’s degree considered a plus)
Job ID R0021680