Head of BU Genetic Diseases/HAE (f/m/x)Apply Now Email Me Job ID SR0041204 Date posted 08/30/2019 Location: Vienna, Austria
- Responsible for setting the vision, defining the Business Unit (BU) strategy, ensuring execution of brand and key account plans to achieve ambitious goals
- Leads the BU team members and cross-functional team to deliver a superior patient & customer experience, exceed expectations of key customers, ensuring access and become best-in-class in the areas where we are present
- Develops effective sales & marketing strategies to ensure successful performance and goal achievement; P&L responsibility for the BU
- Fully accountable for the local business, including currently marketed products and any future products in this therapy area
- Develops a strategy in close cooperation with cross-functional team members (medical, marketing, sales, market access, business support etc.)
- Ensures implementation of policies and programs to achieve maximum sales and profit
- Establishes a financial plan including units, sales and expenses in alignment with overall financial planning process and is fully accountable for achieving the forecast
- Prepares brand strategy and marketing plan for the BU brands; develops and coordinates commercial strategies/tactics with specific timelines, budgets and stakeholder responsibilities
- Acts in compliance with laws, internal regulations, company strategies & Takeda’s corporate philosophy and supports GM in achievement of company objectives
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in natural sciences
- Min. 5-7 years pharmaceutical product management experience (strategic and tactical marketing) experience gained in national product management role
- Experience of working with complex therapies would be an advantage, especially in a small to medium-sized company; launch experience preferred
- Used to perform a customer-facing role and proficiency in delivering a KAM business model
- Experienced in managing P&L or taking responsibility for a large budget and sales
- Solid understanding of the business model, treatment pathways and the market environment of the BU
- Proven multi-cultural skills: Excellent interpersonal skills
- German and English communication skills are mandatory
- Successfully led a cross-functional team at local or regional level
- Patient centricity: Displays a passion for the patients and their needs, demonstrates a sound knowledge of therapy areas and patient pathways and puts patients' interests first in decision-making
- Customer centricity: Ability to understand the customers' needs, leading complex collaborations successfully and creating genuine win-win solutions
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.369,11 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.